Sunday 24 May 2009

Cute Dogs


These are my cute puppies made with pipe cleaners,
I have used a standard pipe cleaner here, but the fat ones make a great shaggy puppy.
These are not toys and never should be given to children
If played with they fall apart

It take two pipe cleaners and the above tools,
I also use a piece of ribbon for the collar.

Cut the pipe cleaners as shown,
measurements in inches.

You now have to bend the pieces before putting together,
the ears look like a 'C', top
The tail and body are folded in half as are the legs.
you need a second fold in the legs to create its paws,
don't forget to make the paws look large,

Take the body piece(its the largest piece)
make a second fold to create the head

Tuck the ears under the fold and press them together
to make the nose you need to press the tip of the 1st fold out
whilst doing this you need to ensure the rest of the head is squeezed in

Take one set of legs and attache the tail,
just twist together and ensure ends are tucked in


Pop one set of legs behind the head,
add the legs with tail attached.
measure the body length and make a fold half way along
you will tuck this back towards the neck
tidy both sets of legs and then squeeze the body together

Your dog is almost there, tidy his shape
squeeze body together and tuck ends of pipe cleaners in
To add to the cuteness, bend his ears forward
To make the eyes I use a small marker pen
beads can be used foe eyes.
For his nose I use the marker pen again

I created this design, after looking at a tutorial for a teddy bear
I played with the sizes until it worked out right.
If you can turn these into cats please let me know
mine are never right,
Have fun with your puppies

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this tutorial! I just might have to try making a little dog! Yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias por tu tutorial.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tutorial is very informative & easy. I am sure that by using these instructions that I can make one of these. I never would have thought to make a dog from pipe cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! I saw a friend who had one and now I want one and you have fixed it so I can; thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a cat, make the ears a simple "U" shape and after tying them in trim the edges of the points to make a flat pointed ear (like a cat's ear). make the fac flatter in front (less bend) as cats have smaller noses. Make the feet a small bend as cats have more dainty feet than dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friendly Bloggers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails